Summer is back, and despite the ongoing debate on its relevance in Nigeria, businesses can still make the most of this season. As the summer season rolls in, businesses have the opportunity to leverage the buzz and excitement surrounding this time of year. We have compiled a few tips that could help your brand to maximise this opportunity.
Here are ways, your hospitality brand can make the most of summer:
1. Offer Summer Specials: Create enticing offers and promotions to attract tourists specifically tailored for the summer season. This could include discounted room rates, complimentary services, or special packages for families or couples.
2. Enhance Outdoor Spaces: Lagos has a tropical climate, so make the most of it by enhancing your outdoor spaces. Set up comfortable seating areas, umbrellas, and beautiful landscaping to create an inviting environment for guests to relax and enjoy the pleasant weather.
3. Plan Summer-themed Events: Organise exciting events and activities that capture the spirit of summer. This could involve pool parties, barbecues, live music performances, or themed evenings that showcase the local culture and cuisine.
4. Promote Water Activities: Lagos is known for its beautiful coastline, so promote water activities such as boat tours, jet skiing, kayaking, or fishing trips. Partner with reputable water sports providers and offer these activities as part of your guests’ experience.
5. Create Summer Menus: Update your food and beverage offerings to include refreshing and seasonal dishes. Incorporate local ingredients and flavours into your menu, featuring dishes like grilled seafood, tropical fruit salads, or ice-cold beverages.
6. Offer Summer Wellness Programs: Help guests stay active and rejuvenated during their stay by offering wellness programs. This could include yoga or meditation classes, outdoor fitness sessions, or spa treatments that focus on relaxation and rejuvenation.
7. Collaborate with Local Influencers: Partner with local influencers or bloggers who have a strong presence on social media. Invite them to experience your hospitality offerings and share their experiences with their followers, increasing your brand visibility during the summer season.
8. Provide Summer Essentials: Anticipate your guests’ needs by providing summer essentials such as sunscreen, hats, beach towels, and reusable water bottles. This thoughtful gesture will enhance their experience and show that you care about their comfort.
9. Engage on Social Media: Leverage the power of social media to engage with your audience. Share captivating visuals, behind-the-scenes stories, and updates about your summer activities and offerings. Encourage guests to share their experiences using your brand’s designated hashtags.
10. Collaborate with Local Tourism Boards: Partner with local tourism boards and participate in their summer campaigns. This can help attract a wider audience and generate interest in your hospitality brand.
Remember, the key is to create memorable experiences and provide exceptional service that will make guests choose your brand for their summer getaway in Lagos.